- Scripting and bug-testing character controls, mechanics and movement
- Designing and assisting with the implementation of new enemy types
- Learning to use JIRA to help producer manage team
- Designing and assisting with the implementation of modular levels for the game’s main mechanic
- Working closely with the Art team to make sure that all assets from environment to visual effects were implemented correctly
A second year project and a great opportunity to work collaboratively with peers above my skill level, HEX’N’GUN was a game project that pushed me to learn new skills outside of areas I had never worked with before.
HEX’N’GUN is a twin-stick shooter where the objective is to survive as long as you can while the level shifts around you. The player cannot stand in one place for too long though, as the tiles underneath them begin to disappear.